Nova Food is a super cool food destination in the heart of Victoria, SW1. Just two minutes' walk from Victoria Station, it brings together some of London's most exciting eateries including Timmy Green, Shake Shack, Franco Manca and Aster.
Until 8th September, Nova Food has transformed into a botanical haven with the launch of a new immersive pop-up, The Kitchen Garden.
Londoners and visitors alike are invited to come and explore the five unique zones that will make up this calming sanctuary in the city:
· The Herb Garden, home to a variety of beautiful and aromatic plants which nod to Nova’s culinary offering
· The Lavender Lounge, a quiet reflective space for Londoners to unwind
· The Secret Garden, a hide-away corner for fitness and wellbeing activities
· Shed Sessions, a showcase of the amazing brands on offer in Nova Food, with pop-ups and workshops throughout the three week activation
· The Centre Stage, where locals and commuters can enjoy performances from the comfort of a deckchair
The garden has been brought to life with a host of activities to help people relax and recharge, helping to restore busy Londoners’ health and wellbeing. These include:
· A programme of meditation classes hosted by Re:Mind;
· A vegan discussion panel hosted by Nova’s newest resident, 1Rebel;
· Exclusive performances & Q&A’s from the stars of London’s best-loved musicals;
· Inspiring shed makeovers by moi;
To celebrate the event, I was invited to style up three sheds in keeping with the mindful and healthy living theme of The Kitchen Garden.
The first shed is called ‘Woodland Summerhouse’ and is designed as an escape from the hustle and bustle of London life. Dine with friends amongst nature and let the aromatic lavender, eucalyptus and rosemary around the shed help you to de-stress and relax.
The second shed is a bar called ‘Botanical Escape’. Enjoy a drink surrounded by lush and aromatic greenery, designed to make you feel like you’re in a magical woodland oasis.
The third shed is a bar called ‘Rustic Coastal Escape’. Enjoy a relaxing drink surrounded by delicate dune grasses and rustic coastal plants and textures such as dried hydrangeas, seagrass and oyster shells, a refreshing antidote to the London cityscape.
All the sheds are designed as calming escapes from city life and will be used as pop up venues by Nova Food retailers throughout the event.
Ticketed events will cost just £5 per person, with all proceeds going to The Cardinal Hume Centre, a local charity which provides support to local homeless people and families in need.
A full schedule of activities can be found here on The Kitchen Garden events page, where you can also book your place onto our special activities. For more information, check out Instagram by searching @createvictoria and #TheKitchenGardenNova.
The Kitchen Garden Schedule
· Monday to Friday: 10am to 8pm
· Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 7pm